Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fertilizer

So we are in a time space where something needs to change. We've come to the conclusion that our garden at the peek of summer gets 6 hours at the most and some of the garden gets less. A lot of it gets less. This year we really stuck with the watering plan and it made a huge difference compaired to last year. Don't get me wrong, the garden looks good but it's not packed with vegges so ripe they're bursting from the scenes. I've been seeing more and more lately about fertilizer and I think it's time to research it more. We use compost and we've done the compost tea spuratically but I realize that we don't feed the plants let alone the micro bacteria.
Compost is a ammendment to the soil. Fertilizer feeds the plants and I think it's time for them to eat.

-- Posted from the field

No comments: